Found this simple easy to make cupcake recipe online and decided to have a go at it. Good to whip up for a nice afternoon tea with friends. This recipe was taken from the Martha Stewart site.
11/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter (unsalted)
4 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Honey Cinnamon Frosting
11/4 icing sugar
1/2 cup melted butter (Unsalted)
1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder.
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the middle and add in the eggs, butter, mashed bananas and vanilla essence.
4. Mix and incorporate all the ingredients together. But be careful not to overmix as this will cause the muffin to be dense and not fluffy.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into your cupcake cups and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top starts to brown a little.
6. To check, use a toothpick and insert it into the center of the cupcake. If it comes out clean then it's done.
7. Take out the cupcakes and let it cool on a rack before putting the honey cinnamon frosting on top. You can garnish with a small banana slice on the top.
Honey Cinnamon Frosting.
1. Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Takes about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add it unto your cupcake when the cupcake has cooled.