This recipe is easy, simple and fast and perfect if you are looking for a quick dessert to whip up for the night.
Butter (Unsalted) 125g
Brown Sugar 60g
Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
Apples 1kg (Approx. 8 small apples)
Butter 1 tbsp.
Cinnamon and sugar to taste
1. Cube the apples into bite size pieces. Add butter, cinnamon and sugar to taste. (We added some honey as well).
2. Put the apples and butter in a pot and add half a cup of water to help soften up the apples. Bring to boil. When boiling, turn down the heat to let it simmer adding the cinnamon and sugar to taste. (Tip: you don't want the apples to be too sweet but still have a bit of tartness to counter the sweetness of the crumble)
3. Let the apples simmer until it is soft on the inside but not to the extent that it is mushy (Approx 15-20 mins, depending on the type of apples used).
4. Pour the filling into a baking dish and leave to cool while preparing the crumble topping.
1. Cube the butter to make it easier to work with.
2. Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and make sure your fingers are clean.
3. Mix the ingredients together until it reaches a crumbly texture (Tip: work the mixture more to get a finer crumble and less to get a chunkier crumble.
4. Add crumble topping on top of the filling. Add more for a more crumbly surface. (Tip: Sprinkle some cinnamon and brown sugar on the top for a better finishing).
5. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until top is golden brown. Keep any eye on it!
6. Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
7. Enjoy every single bite.